How often should I have my carpets cleaned?
Many people wonder how ofen they should have their carpets cleaned. A variety of factors determine that answer. We have taken some time to put together the following list, based off of the different types of facilities, which gives general guidelines as to how frequently carpets should be cleaned:
- Day Care - Weekly (Daily of there is some type of sickness)
- Nursing Homes - Monthly (Weekly in high humidity)
- Restaurants - Monthly
- School - Every 3-6 Months (Monthly with excessive dust outside)
- Family Residence - Every 6-12 Months (More frequenlty if there are children or pets in the home)
- Office Buildings - Every 6-12 Months (Ground floor offices should be every 3-6 Months)
Be sure to call SERVPRO of South Worcester today to schedule your next carpet cleaning!
Deodorization - No Match for SERVPRO of South Worcester
Even a small fire can cause odors for years to come if the affected areas are not properly cleaned and deodorized. Fire, smoke and soot damage in your home or business can create unpleasant and potentially permanent problems.
As various materials burn, the smoke produced travels throughout the structure, leaving odorous residues and deposits on surfaces and in hard to reach places. Unless fast, professional action is taken, these residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to contents and may result in resurfacing odors.
SERVPRO® of South Worcester provides specialized services that rid your home or business of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage. Any restorable item in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized, including: furniture, draperies and upholstery, electronics, art, flooring, walls, ceilings, HVAC air ducts, and more.
SERVPRO® of South Worcester does not cover up lingering odors with a fragrance, they seek out and remove the sources of the odor. Ask your SERVPRO® of South Worcester Franchise Professional to explain the various deodorization methods available and which will work best for you.
If you or a customer suffer a fire damage or some other accident and require deodorization services contact SERVPRO® of South Worcester. Whether it’s fire, water or mold damage, or just a stubborn odor that refuses to go away, we’ll help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Spring Cleaning Tips!
THE BIRDS ARE CHIRPING AND FLOWERS ARE blooming, but you still can’t shake the winter blues! Sweep those blues away with a deep cleaning for your home or business! Spring cleaning is a tradition allowing us to freshen up our environment and get a head start on the hectic seasons of spring and summer. SERVPRO of South Worcester can help. In addition to air duct and HVAC cleaning, SERVPRO of South Worcester is trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as focused stain removal and stain resistance applications. Other services include: Upholstery and drapery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and care, and deodorization.
Check out the tips provided to help jump start your spring cleaning. A clean environment is a healthy environment. Improve your living and work spaces this spring. If you need a little help, don’t worry, SERVPRO of South Worcester has all the tools to make your home or business sparkle in no time!
- Clean your work space. It doesn’t take long for clutter to pile up. Begin spring cleaning by decluttering and organizing your work space. Sort files and determine what you really need. Removing excess clutter will not only allow you to find things easier, but will also create a more productive environment.
- Start an archive. While organizing your work space, you may come across files you don’t use daily, but still need to keep. By creating an archive, you can save these files and keep your desk clutterfree. Maintain your archive by scheduling one day a month to sort through files and keep files organized.
- Organize your inbox. Is your inbox overloaded? Organize e-mails by creating folders within your inbox. Organizing files may require an initial time investment, but will be a tremendous timesaver in the future. Consider backing up important electronic files and programs as well.
- Deep clean your facility, including the floors. Over time, floors bear the brunt of your daily business. If not properly maintained, they can become dull and dingy. Having floors deep cleaned can improve the overall look and cleanliness of your facility.
- Hit the hidden areas. We all avoid the hated, hidden areas in our homes, but now is the time to face the monster dust bunny under the bed. Be ruthless!
- Tackle the big projects first. We start with the best intentions to scrub down our homes from top to bottom, but somewhere in the middle, we run out of steam. Tackle the biggest projects first, or you may never get to them.
- Yard Sale time! Don’t just chuck your unwanted items. Put them up for sale! You may be surprised to see what could bring in a couple of bucks.
Spring Carpet Cleaning
Spring is a perfect time to clean your carpets from all of the grime of the winter months! Living in Worcester we certainly know how tough winter can be. Why not call SERVPRO today to help get your carpets back to their original beauty!