Summer Safety Tips!
Call the Cleanup Team that’s faster to any size disaster (508) 757-7885
Faster to any size disaster. This is not just another catchy tag line for SERVPRO®. It is a commitment from each SERVPRO® Franchise Professional to be there when you need them most. Whether you are a small business or home owner facing minor fire or water damage, or a property manager dealing with a widespread disaster, SERVPRO® of South Worcester has the resources to respond quickly and efficiently. The sooner help arrives, the sooner restoration begins and the sooner you can resume life and business as usual. SERVPRO® of South Worcester is just the tip of the iceberg. Should a major disaster such as a flood or wildfire occur, SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team® is always poised and ready to go where they are needed. If a fire, water or mold damage strikes, no matter the size, call SERVPRO® of South Worcester at (508) 757-7885. Backed by a system of Franchises more than 1,700 strong, we’ll help make your property disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Celebrate Summer Safely
Summer is synonymous with barbecues, parades and fireworks displays; but along with all the festivities are plenty of visits to emergency rooms—especially during July. Each year, around 230 people are injured badly enough to require medical treatment after fireworks-related incidents, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. In addition to causing injury, fireworks are also responsible for thousands of house fires each year with millions of dollars in property damage. There is nothing like firing up the grill during the summer months! Did you know, July is the peak month for grill fires? A backyard barbecue can become dangerous quickly if proper safety precautions aren’t considered. SERVPRO® of South Worcester wants you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are disaster-free!
· Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
· The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
· Keep children and pets away from grill area.
· Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
· Never leave your grill unattended.
· When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
· Anyone using fi reworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
· Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fi reworks. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fi reworks that don’t go off or in case of fire. Children should never pick up fireworks that may be left over as they may still be active.
· The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals.